Terms and Conditions for Students/Guests
- To book your homestay accommodation please complete the booking form.
- When we receive your booking we will contact you to tell you if we can or cannot meet the requirements specified. This will normally happen within 2 working days.
- If you have not received an answer within 3 working days there is a chance that we have not received your booking so please contact us via email or telephone.
- Working days exclude Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays.
- If we can meet the requirements specified on the booking form, a non-refundable deposit of £50 will be charged to your credit card.
- If we cannot meet the specified requirements there is no charge.
- Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a completed application form.
- Accommodation offered and not acknowledged within 48 hours (2 days) may no longer be available.
- Homestay will only release accommodation details upon receipt of full payment which must be cleared through our bank 7 days before accessing the homestay accommodation.
- We reserve the right to remove any student/visitor whose conduct is deemed to be unreasonable. Alternative accommodation may be offered at our discretion.
- All students who wish to extend their accommodation for less than a week will be charged on a daily rate basis.
- Following receipt of the accommodation details and invoice, you have 3 days in which to confirm that you want the offered accommodation.
- If you do not respond to the offer within 3 days, the booking will be cancelled.
- The £50 deposit is non-refundable and will be deducted from the final invoice.
- Payment of the balance of the fees can be by PayPal or bank transfer, details are on the invoice.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by AA Homestay UK all invoices for group bookings are payable within Twenty Eight (28) days of the date of invoice, in the currency of the invoice.
- Bookings can only be guaranteed after we have received full payment.
- It is the responsibility of the students or representatives to pay the 3.4% fee to PayPal when making payment for their bookings as stated in the "How to Pay" Guidelines.
- The minimum stay is 1 week for homestays.
- Bookings received for less than 7 days will be charged as 1 week.
- All students/guests who have not booked an airport transfer through our homestay are expected to make their own way from the airport to the host families' homes
- All students/guests are asked to make contact with their host families prior to their arrival in the UK, students are asked to confirm the following details.
- Time their flights are expected into the UK
- Expected time of arrival at your host family home, to ensure someone will be home on your arrival.
- For students/guests who have not requested Airport transfers, families can provide students with directions of various forms of transport e.g. tube, train & bus details to your host family.
- Failure to contact your host family, may result in you having to wait for your host to arrive, UKguests cannot be held responsible if the family is not there to greet you.
Date of Arrival
- The host family should be informed of your estimated arrival time, to ensure that someone is at home.
- Twin and double rooms are only available for 2 people coming together.
- Please refer to the terms and condition for student accommodation services attached.
- For cancellations more than 30 days prior to arrival, 1 week's cancellation charge will apply.
- For cancellations between 29 and 2 days prior to arrival, up to 4 week's cancellation charge may apply.
- No refund will be given for cancellations received 2 days or less prior to arrival, or for no shows.
- Booking fees are not refundable in all cases.
- If you have to cut short your stay without a minimum of two weeks’ notice the student will be charged one weeks accommodation fees in lieu of notice.
- In the event that a student/guest has been refused entry into the UK, upon receipt of a visa refusal letter from the British Embassy, (which is received by our homestay within a seven day period), a full refund for accommodation reserved will be refunded minus a £50 administration fee and Airport Transfer costs. Host families wishing to terminate their students stay, must also give two weeks notice. Students, who fail to arrive at the accommodation reserved, will forfeit all accommodation fees paid.
- For homestays over a 4 week’s duration, a 2 week (refundable) deposit is required.
- The deposit will be refunded on the day of departure, less any deductions for damages (if applicable).
- Students/guests are strongly advised to purchase adequate insurance to cover all eventualities e.g. illness, accidents, theft, cancellation charges.
- Our liability is no more than the money we have received from you.
- We and our host families do not accept liability in respect of personal injury, theft, loss, damage of personal items or misadventure you may suffer in the accommodation, or elsewhere. We strongly advise you take out full insurance to cover personal injuries, personal property i.e. jewellery, laptops etc, which should include travel and medical treatment before travelling to the UK.
- We will not accept anstudents/visitorsy liability for disputes or claims/loss arising between you and the host family. If you have any problems with your accommodation or your host family, you must notify us immediately. Your complaint will be dealt with quickly and efficiently and if necessary we will do our best to offer alternative accommodation.
- We advise all to take great care with front door keys; we will not be responsible for damage or loss of keys. All damages, breakages and loss of keys made by the guests must be paid for directly by the student/visitor.
- All students/guests are asked NOT to give out details of their host families' address or telephone number without seeking permission from their host family.
- We ask all students/guests NOT to engage in conversation about fees with host families. All payments must be made through us, and not directly to host families.
We strives to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and service provider. The aim of our Equal opportunities policy is to
- Eliminate all unlawful discrimination
- Promote equality of opportunity for staff, volunteers & service users alike
- Promote good relations between different racial or cultural groups
- Promote diversity within the organisation at all levels
Emergency Numbers are as follows:
Out of hours emergency contact number - 0731 978 125
Please read the above Terms and Conditions thoroughly before signing and return a signed dated copy to AA Homestay UK, and retain a copy for your information.
I fully understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions.
I accept that failure to abide by the agreed Terms and Conditions will result in your homestay being terminated.