Terms and Conditions for Host Families
- The host family is to encourage the students/guests to speak English as often as possible.
- The host family to make the students/guests feel at home and be treated as a part of the family.
- The host family to provide a clean and friendly environment for the students to carry out their studies.
- The host family is to show due concern for the welfare, safety and security of the student/guest during their stay.
- The host family is to make the student/guest feel at home by including them as much as possible in daily conversation as this will help to improve their English.
Students/Guests Rooms Requirements
- Bedrooms to be clean and tidy, adequately equipped and with natural light.
- Table for private study and adequate hanging and drawer space for clothes.
- Adequate heating and lighting.
- Adequate washing facilities and access to the bathroom as a member of the household, with bath or shower available daily.
- Change of bed linen each week and a good supply of extra warm blankets for winter.
- A proper state of cleanliness and repair in the home.
- A lockable bedroom or lockable wardrobe/drawer must be provided for student's/guest's valuables.
- The Host families not to host another guest of the same nationality or place in a shared room with any other guest if a single room has been reserved without prior arrangement with AA Homestay UK.
- As part of the application process all host families accommodation will be inspected to ensure that it is of a good standard.
- A host household member must be home to greet students/guests on his or her arrival, if the student/guest fail to arrive then the host family is to inform AA Homestay UK immediately.
- All students/guests are asked to contact their host family to advise them of their arrival. Please bear in mind that should there be a delay in students/guests contacting you then this could be due to a flight delay. Therefore it may not be possible for the student to contact you, please allow extra time for this.
- There may be time when it maybe necessary for you to collect your student/guest from an agreed location, however you will be advised prior.
- AA Homestay UK expects host families to show students/guests their local area upon arrival, such as the nearest station, local buses and routes to and from the station etc.
- Host families are also expected to show students/guests their local shop in order for the student to purchase weekly travel cards etc.
- The host family is to provide the student with an emergency telephone number in order to contact you in emergencies.
- All emergencies and unforeseen problems with the students/guests is to be reported to AA Homestay UK immediately.
- Upon confirmation of the booking with AA Homestay UK we expect host family to honour it as students/guests are immediately notified of their host family details.
- The host family is to provide the guest with a healthy balanced diet.
- Meal times should be decided between the guest and family on arrival.
- All meals with the exception of breakfast must be taken with the host family. Student/guest must not be given their meals separately unless in emergencies or due to exceptional circumstances.
Meal plan consist of the following:
- Bed & Use of Kitchen for students/guests to prepare their own meals. The host family is required to provide students/guests with space in the refrigerator and cupboard to store food items. Students/guests are advised prior to their arrival by AA Homestay UK that they are strictly forbidden to use the cooking ingredients and foods that belong to the host family except when they have been given permission to do so by the host family.
- This consists of the host family providing the student/guest with a Bed and breakfast package only.
- This consists of Bed, Breakfast & Evening Meal package only. The host family is to provide the student with a two course meal which consists of main meal and dessert. The main meal offered to the student is to be the same cooked evening meals that you and your family are provided with. We do not expect you to prepare separate meals for the student only in exceptional circumstances - for e.g. if the student have special dietary requirements such as not eating pork etc.
- This package consists of Bed, Breakfast, Lunch & Evening Meal. The same above applies to include the host family providing the student with lunch also during the week days and weekends. A family lunch or packed lunch should be offered to students/guests.
BB (Bed & Breakfast)
HB (Half Board)
FB (Full board)
- A Shower or Bath must be available to students/guests.
- The Host family to give the guest reasonable daily access to the use of the bathroom.
- The Host Family to provide students/guests the use of their laundry and ironing facilities once a week to wash and maintain their clothing item.
- All students/guests must be provided with a key to all the doors that would or could become locked.
Use of Telephone
- Host families are not permitted to allow students/guests to access the use of their telephone; therefore student will need to make their own arrangements, such as using their own mobile phone or purchasing a calling card.
- Any letters received for the students/guests after departure must be forwarded to AA Homestay UK and not returned to sender with the exception of bank documents.
- You should inform your house hold insurers that you host students/guests.
- Smoke alarms must be fitted.
Termination of Contract
- The hosts must give a week notice to the student/guest for early departure from the accommodation. (Unless good cause can be shown for immediate departure.)
- The host family must never make a student/guest homeless (contact AA Homestay UK for assistance immediately if either the student/guest or the family has a problem – 07931 978 125).
- There is no cancellation fee payable to the host family for non arrivals of students/guests.
- No payment is made directly to the host family by the student/guest.
- Payment will be made by cheque or Bacs every fortnight of the student's/guest's stay. The first payment is made 7 days of the student's/guest's arrival and thereafter at 2 weekly intervals until your student/guest leaves. Please note that homestay families will only be paid for the time the students/guests stays with them.
- The host family is not to take cash from the student/guest in payment for accommodation, students/guests who want to extend the dates of their stay must inform AA homestay UK and the school they are attending and the family must inform AA Homestay UK. An extension invoice will be sent as soon as we are told. Do not take instructions from the students/guests direct always inform AA Homestay UK that the students/guests wishes to extend their stay. This is so other student/guest that may be reserved in to the home are removed and placed elsewhere and the extension fees are collected from the student/guest. None of our student/guest pays the family directly.
- Never discuss payments or any other problems of this nature with the students/guests directly.
- All families are responsible for their own tax associations and it is not the responsibility of AA Homestay UK.
- The host family is to respect the students/guests different cultural backgrounds and be sensitive to the particular needs of the students/guests.
CHILDREN’S ACT 1989
As a result of the children’s act of 1989, we are obliged in certain circumstances to notify the social services that you wish to accommodate foreign students under the age of 16 years old coming to study or tour in the UK. We may need to verify the following information.
The following people are not allowed to accommodate children who are under 16 years old
- Anyone who has had a child removed from his or her care by a court order.
- Anyone who has been convicted of an offence against a child.
- Anyone who has had an order made against them refusing or cancelling registration under the nurseries and child minding act 1948 or the children’s act 1989.
Amendments can be made to these conditions throughout the year
Emergency Numbers are as follows:
Out of hours emergency contact number - 07931 978 125
By signing this form you will be agreeing to the terms and conditions set by AA Homestay UK. AA Homestay UK will not hesitate to remove host families from their listing upon failure to adhere to the above Terms and conditions. Refunds can also be offered to students should the host family fail to abide by the Terms and Conditions.